Our students thrive in the unique setting OSF provides and we work hard to keep our program relevant and engaging. This means purchasing technology, paying guest artists and speakers, and purchasing high quality wood veneers and art supplies.
Although we get funding from the TDSB we need about 10x more to keep our classroom going. Our teachers apply for grants, but we seek community support in a few ways:
Commissioned skateboards, financial and in-kind donations and collaborators donating time and energy.
Design a custom board for you or your business. All custom boards are handmade from Canadian Maple veneer, then painted and finished by OSF students.
Are you an artist, entrepreneur or someone working in a creative field? Let’s collaborate! Commission student design work or offer your skills as a mentor/project partner.
Any donation is awesome. We welcome financial support, skateboard-related products, apparel, and art supplies to help our students stay on track.
Ordering a commission gives you a one of a kind custom board, while providing income and real life work experience for OSF student artists.
- Boards are ROARROCKIT Thin Air Press, made from Canadian Maple veneer
- We can paint your graphics, or our students can make a custom image to your liking
- Prices start at $100 and go up based on board shape and image complexity
Do you have a wall that needs some colour?
We have expanded our program to include murals. Walls are designed with a guest working artist and are executed at a professional standard.
EMAIL US to commission a mural.
Students in our school have fresh and unique aesthetics, and the skills to back them up. Collaborate with us for your next t-shirt, logo, or other design project.
EMAIL US to for graphic design services.
You can find our students teaching board building workshops at the Art Gallery of Ontario every spring. If you are interested in a workshop at another time contact us.
EMAIL US to book a workshop.
OSF is able to provide low income students high level opportunities and professional standard materials thanks to generous donations by community partners and donors.
WAYS TO DONATE:
- Donate skateboard-related products, apparel, and art supplies to help our students stay on track.
- Financial donations will be used to fund specific initiatives and special projects and/or general operational costs. A tax receipt can be issued.
Email email@example.com to arrange a donation.
- OSF accepts financial support from foundations and corporations. We are partnered with the Toronto Foundation for Student Success, a registered charity.
Oasis Skateboard Factory is an alternative high school program of the Toronto District School Board
We acknowledge we are hosted on the lands of the Mississaugas of the Anishinaabe, the Haudenosaunee Confederacy and the Wendat. We also recognize the enduring presence of all First Nations, Métis and the Inuit peoples.